The Bonner Springs Tiblow Trot is on August 24th starting at 7 a.m. This is one of the oldest races in Kansas, celebrating 41 years! Register online now. Or download the registration form and mail it in. Race details are below. Take note of the new start location for all participants:
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 23, 2019 Packet pick-up and pre-registration 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. at Kelly Murphy Park at 2ndand Elm Street.
- SATURDAY, AUGUST 24, 2019 Packet pick-up and registration 6:00 – 6:30 a.m. at Kelly Murphy Park at 2ndand Elm Street.
- LOCATION START CHANGE: The 5 mile/5k/2 mile Race begins promptly at 7:00 a.m. The run begins at the clock tower in front of Alden-Harrington Funeral Home on Oak Street (214 Oak St, Bonner Springs, KS 66012) in downtown Bonner Springs. Rain or shine.
- Award presentation and raffle begins at 8:15 a.m. at Kelly Murphy Park.
Parking spots are available near the starting line. You’ll see the Tiblow Days carnival and are welcome to park anywhere near by. Another option is the lot of the old Bonner Thriftway grocery store on Oak street, across from Dairy Queen.
5K (3.1 miles)
2 Mile Walk
Pick up at Bonner Springs High School available by school bus
Awards/Raffle begins at 8:15 a.m.
- T-shirt and medal for every participant
- Plaques given to 1st place finishers of each division
- Engraved medals given for 2nd and 3rd place of each division
- Drawing for prizes donated by the Bonner Springs merchants will follow the awards ceremony. All race finishers and walkers are eligible for the drawing
Do you know someone who hasn’t signed up yet? Help us break our 400-attendance goal. Encourage them to sign up for the 5 mile/5k or 2 mile walk option. Please note: Walkers and free participants will not receive bibs and will not be timed.
We are still looking for volunteers. Opportunities are available here.
We could not do this race without the support of our 2019 sponsors. Thank you Union Bank & Trust, ReddiServices and Atmos Energy.
Past sponsors include: Providence Medical Group, Coleman Equipment, Union Bank & Trust, Cox & Neal, LLC, Bodyworks Massage Therapy, Roberts Chevrolet-Buick, Pure Movement Integrated Health Center, eHealthCover.com, Atmos Energy, Predator, WTF, SERC Physical Therapy, Mills Trophies, Chelsey Cora Photography, Third Space Coffee and Price Chopper.
All funds raised go toward Bonner Springs High School scholarships and the Rotary Polio Plus Program to end polio worldwide.
Tiblow Days Festival:
We encourage you to stick around after the race to enjoy the largest annual community festival in Bonner Springs called Tiblow Days. Enjoy the 9:30 a.m. parade, carnival, craft and food booths, car show, bands and local entertainment. Activities take place at K-32 (Cedar Street) and Second Street, K-32 and Third Street, Oak Street, Second Street and Elm.
Check out our Facebook event page for race results, photos and more updates. Looking forward to seeing you at the starting line!
Ready to register for the 2020 race on August 29th? We’re ready for you! Register here and use this code (TIBLOW2020) to get $5 off until Dec. 31, 2019.